Entry can only be made on-line
For this event there is a large price difference between a LDWA member and a non-member of £16.
- To join the LDWA it only costs £15.00 (from October 1st until end of December 2018 for up to 15 months of membership)
Members receive many benefits including:
- The magazine Strider (paper or on-line) three times a year, that shares news, stories, information, reviews and details nationwide Challenge Events up to 8 months ahead
- The LDWA website that has lots of useful information about walking including access to the Long Distance Paths section, the only one of its kind in the UK
- Group social walks – members can automatically join the South Wales LDWA group and enjoy a led walk without the need to navigate, (if you can complete the Rhondda Rollercoaster you are capable of walking with our friendly, welcoming group)
- The benefits of being active outdoors, meeting new people, socialising
- Discounts in many Outdoor shops
So, why not join the LDWA now and then enter the event as a member for £6
You won’t regret joining this wonderful walking association!
Any queries please contact the Entries Secretary.
Due to limited car parking space the number of entries will be limited to 250. The event did fill up in 2017 and 2018, so you are advised to enter in plenty of time for 2019.
Directions to the start at Trehafod Community Village Hall
From the centre of Pontypridd follow the A4058. 500 metres after Hopkinstown, turn left over narrow bridge into Barry Sidings Countryside Park (signposted with small brown signs) where there will be ample parking available. The car park is at GR ST 054908 (see map). The Trehafod Community Village Hall is 600 metres from the car park (see map). Bus & Train services are available.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ELSEWHERE IN THE VILLAGE.
All entrants to bring a mug. Substantial savoury food will be at the Ton Pentre lunch time checkpoint on the 26 mile route and Trealaw on the 16 mile route, and light snacks at the other manned checkpoints. A light meal will be provided at the finish. DON’T FORGET TO BRING A MUG.