It’s back! South Wales LDWA are pleased to announce the return of the Gwyn Matthews’ Rhondda Rollercoaster. Starting from Trehafod Community Village Hall, participants can once again choose from either 26.5 miles or 16 miles that showcase the beautiful, but rugged, Rhondda Valleys.
All participants will receive a certificate of completion.
Can only be made on-line via SiEntries – The Gwyn Matthews’ Rhondda Rollercoaster
Important – please read the data protection statement and rules of the event and the Risk Assessment.
Any queries please contact the Entries Secretary.
Entries will close when all spaces are full and a waiting list will be used. We expect the event to fill quickly.
Trehafod Community Village Hall, Ivor Street, Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taf, CF37 2NF
Directions to the start at Trehafod Community Village Hall:
From the centre of Pontypridd follow the A4058. 500 metres after Hopkinstown, turn left over narrow bridge into Barry Sidings Countryside Park (signposted with small brown signs) where there will be ample parking available. The car park is at GR ST 054908 (see map). The Trehafod Community Village Hall is 600 metres from the car park (see map). Bus & Train services are available.
PLEASE DO NOT PARK ELSEWHERE IN THE VILLAGE.
Start for walkers 8.00am (fast walkers and runners to start 9am)
All to finish by 19.30.
There will be tea and toast at the start, indoor and outdoor checkpoints with refreshments along both routes, and a hot meal at the end.
Join the LDWA
For this event there is a price difference between a LDWA member and a non-member.
To join the LDWA it only costs £18.00 (£15.00 with Direct Debit discount)
Members receive many benefits including:
- The magazine Strider (paper or on-line) three times a year, that shares news, stories, information, reviews and details nationwide Challenge Events up to 8 months ahead
- The LDWA website that has lots of useful information about walking, including access to the Long Distance Paths database, the only one of its kind in the UK
- Group social walks – members can automatically join the South Wales LDWA group and enjoy a led walk without the need to navigate, (if you can complete this challenge event you are capable of walking with our friendly, welcoming group)
- The benefits of being active outdoors, meeting new people and socialising.
- Discounts in many outdoor shops