By entering the Three Circles of Crickhowell Event the entrant agrees with the following:
- Entries: On -line entries only https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?event_id=5485
- Event is open to: All persons aged 18 years or over on the day.
- Route descriptions: Will be available on the event website approximately two weeks prior to the event. GPX tracks of the route will also be available on-line. The route descriptions are provided to assist those entrants who are not completely confident in their ability to self-navigate. Please do not climb fences or walls, take shortcuts, or trespass.
- Retirements: Entrants must leave checkpoints by the published closing times. Anyone failing to do so will be disqualified and transported back to walk HQ at Trehafod. We would urge you to consider the route distance when you enter the event. The emergency telephone number is on the route descriptions and will be made available on the day of the event.
- Disqualification: Entrants will be disqualified if they arrive at a checkpoint after it has closed.
- Check-in at the finish: All entrants, including retirees, must check in at Clarence Hall, Crickhowell before journeying home so that we account for everyone’s safety.
- Equipment: All entrants must carry the following items:
- OS Explorer OL 13 or Landranger 161
- Route Description. This must be the Official route description of the event and can be in paper form and kept waterproof
- An electronic version provided durability and adequate power supply can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal
- A full set of waterproofs that cover the whole body
- An additional upper body layer to be worn or carried e.g. Long-sleeved Base Layer / Fleece
- Hat & Gloves
- Trousers to be carried if shorts are worn and can include tracksters / running tights AND waterproof trousers. The purpose of carrying trousers is to enable an
entrant to remain warm when the temperature drops. Entrants should bear in mind that if the weather changes or they suffer an accident that they must be able to dress appropriately as the temperature can drop significantly in the Autumn
- Compass with a dial and this can include an electronic device provided adequate power can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal
- A Whistle
- A survival bag or space bag (Not space blanket)
- A working torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit, which at a minimum must include plasters, adhesive dressing, antiseptic wipes, fixation tape and low adherent dressing
- Suitable footwear with good tread
- Emergency food
- A sealable drinks container, minimum size 0.5 litre
THIS IS A MOUNTAINOUS EVENT AND THE EQUIPMENT LISTED ABOVE IS THE MINIMUM THAT WE WOULD EXPECT YOU TO CARRY.
- Mugs: Please bring a mug for breakfast / checkpoint / finish drink
- Dogs: No dogs
- Safety: The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry, require an entrant to retire on safety or other grounds, postpone or cancel the event if weather conditions are bad, disqualify an entrant for infringing the Country Code, or taking shortcuts over fences or farmland off the right of way.
Country code: Be safe, plan ahead and follow any signs. Leave gates and property as you find them. Protect plants and animals and take your litter home. Keep dogs under close control. Consider other people.
Data Protection Statement
I understand that the personal information submitted as part of this entry form will be held by the event organisers for a period of up to three years after the event is held for the purposes of managing this event only.
I further understand that photographs are likely to be taken at the event, which may be featured on LDWA websites, social media and the LDWA quarterly magazine Strider.
In addition, I understand that Summary Information* may be published immediately and may be held in perpetuity for the purposes of providing a record of the event. I will have the right to request that all my personal Summary Information is anonymised.
*Summary information is limited to the participant’s name, gender, postal town, email address, LDWA membership number, event name and date, distance covered, time recorded as well as any other linked walking achievement.