By entering the Three Circles of Monmouth Event the entrant agrees with the following:
- Entries: Online entries only via SiEntries – Three Circles of Monmouth
- Event is open to: All persons aged 18 years or over on the day.
- Route descriptions: Will be available on the event website approximately two weeks prior to the event. GPX tracks of the route will also be available on-line. The route descriptions are provided to assist those entrants who are not completely confident in their ability to self-navigate. Please do not climb fences or walls, take shortcuts, or trespass.
Entrants should complete their intended routes in the order of longest to shortest.
- Retirements: there are no checkpoints on this events, all entrants need to return to the registration point, Machen Village Hall to retire. We would urge you to consider the route distance when you enter the event.
- Disqualification: Entrants will be disqualified if they arrive after the finish time of 8pm.
- Check-in at the finish: All entrants, including retirees, must check in at Machen Village Hall, Machen, before journeying home so that we account for everyone’s safety.
- Equipment: All entrants must carry the following items:
- Maps: OL14
- Route Description. This must be the Official route description of the event and can be in paper form and kept waterproof
- An electronic version provided durability and adequate power supply can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal
- A full set of waterproofs that cover the whole body
- An additional upper body layer to be worn or carried e.g. Long-sleeved Base Layer / Fleece
- Hat & Gloves
- Trousers to be carried if shorts are worn and can include tracksters / running tights AND waterproof trousers. The purpose of carrying trousers is to enable an entrant to remain warm when the temperature drops. Entrants should bear in mind that if the weather changes or they suffer an accident that they must be able to dress appropriately as the temperature can drop significantly in the Autumn
- Compass with a dial and this can include an electronic device provided adequate power can be demonstrated if requested by a marshal
- A whistle
- A survival bag or space bag (Not space blanket)
- A working torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit, which at a minimum must include plasters, adhesive dressing, antiseptic wipes, fixation tape and low adherent dressing
- Suitable footwear with good tread
- Emergency food
- A sealable drinks container, minimum size 0.5 litre
THIS IS A MOUNTAINOUS EVENT AND THE EQUIPMENT LISTED ABOVE IS THE MINIMUM THAT WE WOULD EXPECT YOU TO CARRY.
- Mugs: Please bring a mug for breakfast / checkpoint / finish drink
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome on this event. But, owners must ensure that they are insured and are personally responsible for their animals. We recommend that dogs are kept on leads at all times. ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS IN THE HALL PLEASE.
- Safety: The organisers reserve the right to refuse entry, require an entrant to retire on safety or other grounds, postpone or cancel the event if weather conditions are bad, disqualify an entrant for infringing the Country Code, or taking shortcuts over fences or farmland off the right of way.
- Covid: You must not attend this event if you or a close contact has recently been diagnosed with or shown any Covid-19 symptoms, are awaiting test results or are self-isolating under current Government guidance
Country code: Be safe, plan ahead and follow any signs. Leave gates and property as you find them. Protect plants and animals and take your litter home. Keep dogs under close control. Consider other people.
I understand that the personal information submitted as part of this entry form will be held by the event organisers for a period of up to three years after the event is held for the purposes of managing this event only.
I further understand that photographs are likely to be taken at the event, which may be featured on LDWA websites, social media and the LDWA quarterly magazine Strider.
In addition, I understand that Summary Information* may be published immediately and may be held in perpetuity for the purposes of providing a record of the event. I will have the right to request that all my personal Summary Information is anonymised.
*Summary information is limited to the participant’s name, gender, postal town, email address, LDWA membership number, event name and date, distance covered, time recorded as well as any other linked walking achievement.