The deadline for walks appearing in the August Strider is approaching. If you have offered to lead a walk between 1 September and 30 November 2016 please enter full details for your walk before 18th May 2016. You can do this by pressing OK, then select the date of your walk in the calendar, then select your walk to go to the Walks Form with the details you've already entered. You can then edit/add any extra information needed.
There are still some unallocated weekends for new entries, these are coloured grey or yellow. (A day coloured yellow is still available for a group walk as it only contains details of a challenge event which is there for information only.)
The Walks Planner calendar has two purposes, firstly for the walk secretary to maintain the Walks Database and secondly for walk leaders to enter new walks into the future walks programme and to modify these until the walk is entered into the national LDWA database for publication in Strider. Once 'published' only the Walks Secretary is able to change the walk details using the form.
One or more walks can be allocated to each day in the calendar. Local challenge or other events that may be of interest to members can be included. The status of each day is indicated by the colour shading of the day:
- Grey indicates the day is free
- Amber indicates group walk(s) are already allocated to that day
- Green indicates group walk(s) have been published in Strider
- Yellow indicates an event e.g. challenge walk, other than a group walk
- Blue indicates group walk(s) has taken place
In addition if there are more than one walk/event on a day, that day has a different coloured border:
- A purple border for more than one group walk
- A yellow border for one or more walks/events containing an event
- A dark gray border for 'today'
Clicking on a day will do one of two things:
- if the day is free a form will be opened to enable the details of a new walk to be entered
- if not free a window will appear listing the walks/events on that day. Selecting one of the walks/events will display the form containing the details of the event; these may then be added to or amended. Alternatively a button may be pressed to either enter a new walk or to return to the calendar
When a new walk is being entered in the form, all known details should be entered. The minimum needed details are a title, date and contact. When complete press the 'Save' button to enter the walk into the database. This will then display the details entered, including any OS grid references for the start of the walk etc. Click on the grid references to see a map display marking the grid reference, this is important as occasionally the wrong letters are used resulting in an error of at least 100km. Links are also provided to return to the form to edit details or to return to the calendar. Once submitted details can also be added at a later date as described above.
In the data entry form clicking on a blue text label in the form will display some help information.